Come make a Difference on the Northside of indy!
- - Residential
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time or Part Time
- Full-time employees are eligible for PTO, health, dental, vision, life, and other supplemental benefits.
For the 7th consecutive year, and 8th year overall, Insights Consulting, Inc. has been named among Indy Star's Top Workplaces, ranking #2 among midsize employers in Central Indiana for 2018! Apply today if you would like to join this amazing team of individuals working together to make a difference and change lives one day at a time.
Insights Consulting, Inc., is in search of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) for the Indianapolis area. Insights Consulting, Inc. provides residential and respite supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The DSP provides one-to-one training, mentoring, and support to people in their normal rhythm of life, empowering them toward success in daily living skills, meaningful social and community interactions, and growth through "real life" experiences. DSPs may provide support in the person's home, their family home, the community, and/or other locations as required. DSPs are also responsible for maintaining documentation such as data collection and record keeping.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver's license and proof of current auto insurance
- Be able to pass a criminal background check and a TB screening
- Experience working with individuals who have intellectual disabilities is preferred but not required
- CPR/First Aid certification is required, Insights will provide this training to those not currently certified
- Strong communication skills
- Dependable vehicle for transporting individuals
- Physical ability & stamina to independently provide assistance to individuals (transferring, lifting/pushing wheelchairs, physical behavior interventions, etc.)
- Willingness to assist with personal hygiene, perform light housekeeping, cooking, community outings, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a self-directed team to maximize quality supports to the individuals we serve
- Must demonstrate a true desire to make a difference in the lives of others
If you have questions please contact Amanda Ramey, HR Coordinator at email@example.com, call our office at (317) 396-0683, or simply visit our website www.insightsonline.net to view our current openings, position qualifications, and to begin the application process.